One of the most common questions we get at Pavlok is this: “Why don’t you just use a rubber band?”
Our CEO Maneesh Sethi explains why, though a rubber band sometimes works, Pavlok has shown to be superior at breaking bad habits.
A rubber band is actually one of the few forms of aversive conditioning that is still used today. In July 2015, we actually launched a course with over 1200 people where we taught users how to break bad habits — even if they didn’t own a Pavlok.
The results we found? About 5% of people who try to quit a habit cold-turkey succeed in quitting the habit for good. About 25% who used a rubber band succeed. And, about 55-60% of users who used Pavlok succeeded.
We packaged the course together and released it as the Break Bad Habits Digital Package.
For $99, you can get the course. Or, get both the Pavlok AND the course for only $199. HUGE savings!
Here’s what you get with the course:
Break a Bad Habit Digital Course
The exclusive digital habit-breaking course, hosted by Pavlok founder Maneesh Sethi. In this course you will learn how to identify your bad habit, envision the change you desire, and successfully rid yourself of the bad habits that are holding you back.
BREAK A BAD HABIT COURSE CONTENTS:
- 5-detailed lessons
- Day 1: What is a habit? + Habit Tracking Worksheet
- Day 2: Pros and cons of habit change
- Day 3: Identifying and rewiring habit triggers
- Day 4: Your first aversion session — creating the negative association
- Day 5: Your second aversion session — killing a bad habit for good.
- CBT Worksheets to analyze your habit ($50 value)
- Habit Tracking Worksheet
- Modifying Behaviors and Routines Worksheet
- CBT Pros and Cons of Change Worksheet
- Aversive training audio sessions for ($49 value)
- Nail biting
- Unhealthy eating
- 4 interviews with experts ($100 value)
- Dr. Daniel Pardi – Sleep and Willpower researcher from Stanford University
- Dr. Roy Baumeister – Researcher and discoverer of willpower as a resource
- Dr. Calvin Newport – Professor and researcher on deep learning and becoming an expert
- James Clear – Writer and researcher on habits and psychology
- The Habit Change – Theory and Practice ebook ($50 value)
- Learn the secrets to forming NEW habits